Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The only thing I can blog about is the importance of having positve thoughts!

5-24-10

I want to continue to write blogs AND I want to keep manifesting what I want. I realize the power of my words. I remember a year ago while doing P90X (workout video) with a friend I was complaining and about feeling out of breathe and exhausted. She said how about we make a rule not to complain? And each time I was about to open my mouth I noticed that I was about to complain. And about five minutes later I was doing more reps and breathing effortlessly( from just stopping complaining!).


Being “addicted” to complaining is like being addicted to drugs. I have experienced both addictions before. And just like with drugs when I was 17 and “hit bottom” -five nights ago I hit bottom with complaining. I won’t say what happened because there is no need to give it energy, but there was 3 different similar situations happened within 4 days. The events had an impact on me that let me know there was something that I was thinking about that didn’t serve me. That night after some tears I was going to do it again (complain). I wanted support from friends “what was wrong with my life?” I called a friend and immediately my phone died. THANK THE UNIVERSE it did. I had two more hours until I got to my destination in San Jose, CA. And I realized I had the choice to either feel good or feel not so good. My phone was dead and the thoughts were louder than the music at the time. So I had no choice except to CHOOSE which feeling.

For whatever reason at the time I felt entitled to being a victim of the world. It was like lifting weights to be able to see the light in the situation (only this weight doesn’t come back down). So I used up all the energy behind the events and laughed as hard as I could. I decided that I am going to change (I even pulled over to put this song on by Aaliyah “If at first you don’t succeed, you can dust it off and try again”).


The more I tell my story of abundance the better I feel. I want to feel my way through thoughts and choose the best feeling ones( "the path of the least resistance". I  am doing this exercise in “Complaint Free World” Where the book teaches you to wear a bracelet and every time you complain switch it to the other hand. And if you can be complaint free for 40 days (the number it days of a habit) you can take off bracelet (except if you complain you have to start over from day one). I started this a few days ago and each morning when I remind myself of this bracelet I feel lighter and know my days only getting better.

2 comments:

  1. It's not easy is it? To not complain even when life brings us contrast and *special* events.

    I admire you for calling attention to this and choosing to be present with it in your life. These habits can be a challenge to shift and the only way to do so is to be extremely present and conscious with your thoughts - and then of course knowing how to shift into a better state of mind when you notice yourself complaining. Sometimes it's also good to have a friend around to act as a mirror... to call you on your shit and help you shift when necessary.

    Focus on the good. Focus on the love. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tom for all your support it is appreciated!

    ReplyDelete